Updated: Oct 12
Hip Hip Hurray for Jell-o Popcorn Balls! The perfect addition to gingerbread house landscaping!
Growing up, my mom made us kids Jell-O popcorn balls as a treat. Cherry was my favorite! Never did I realize I would use that same recipe for landscaping for a gingerbread house!
10 cups popped popcorn
1 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 3oz package of Jell-O (lime works best for landscaping)
1. Make sure your popcorn is popped. Place in a very large mixing bowl.
2. Combine corn syrup and sugar into a pot.
3. Cook on medium heat, stirring frequently, until boiling. Add small box of Jell-O (3 oz). Mix well.
4. Pour HOT mixture evenly over popcorn. Using a wooden spoon, stir mix to distribute the Jell-O mixture well into the popcorn.
5. Keep stirring until cool enough to handle. With WELL BUTTERED hands, form your popcorn mixture into trees or bushes.
I made lime Jell-O popcorn balls to make this large tree for the Santa Express Train.
Gingerbread-By-Design provides The Best Gingerbread Templates! View the entire collection here!